Conferences at the Institute of English Studies
The Institute runs an extensive annual programme of academic conferences on a wide range of subjects, both general and specialised, within the broad area of English studies. It provides a prestigious venue in central London with excellent conference facilities and an efficient administrative team which takes care of publicity, registration, financing and the general running of events on the day.
Please read the following instructions and guidelines before returning your completed conference registration form:
- Places are limited and early booking is always advisable.
- Conference fees are offered at standard and member/concessionary rates, and are stated on the relevant conference programme webpage, and on the relevant pages of the Online Shop. Please note that registration rates often differ between individual conferences.
- Online registration will remain open usually until two days before the conference.
- A confirmation email will be sent automatically once payment for a conference has been completed online.
- It is essential that delegates provide an email address and/or telephone number in case of last-minute changes to programme, timings, venue, etc.
- We do not usually accept registration on the day, and will only guarantee a place to those who register in advance. Those unable to use the Online Shop, or who wish to register and pay at a later date, or who wish to register after the closure of online booking, must contact the Institute at IESEvents@sas.ac.uk.
- Delegates paying the concessions rate may be asked to show evidence of student/unwaged status at the registration desk on arrival.
- Where events are fully subscribed, a reserve list is kept in case more places become available.
- Cancellations are governed by the School's cancellation policy.
For general enquires please contact the Academic Engagement and Impact Officer, Institute of English Studies, University of London, Senate House, Malet Street, London WC1E 7HU | Email: IESEvents@sas.ac.uk
The Institute aims to provide an environment that reflects its role as an active and committed research community. The Institute is located within the central University of London precinct in Bloomsbury.
The Institute can host externally-organised events. Please click here for details about Senate House facilities and rooms.
The Institute is part of the School of Advanced Study, University of London. The School takes its responsibility to visitors with special needs very seriously and will endeavour to make reasonable adjustments to its facilities in order to accommodate the needs of such visitors. If you have a particular requirement, please feel free to discuss it confidentially with the Academic Engagement and Impact Officer in advance of the event taking place.